Wednesday, October 31, 2012

5 Halloween Party Household Item DIY Ideas

Happy Halloween! I got to thinking about the 8.5 million people without power in the Northeast and how they are going to spend their Halloween. I'm sure they have kids who are really tired of being inside and for the kids staying at other people's homes and shelters, Halloween is going to be kind of a bummer. I know that Gov. Chris Christie is going to reschedule Halloween, but here are 5 ideas of things to make and games to play this Halloween with things already in your house! Note: I know that people without power can't read this, since it's online, but please share it around!


1. Make a paper plate Batman mask! This is something I just made up this morning. I got a paper plate and just cut out a mask shape. Then I colored it black with a Sharpie. This takes about 10 minutes, so it'll give the kids something to do. Then I added some ribbon for the tie and, voila! Batman mask it is.


2. Grab a bunch of plastic cups and a decorative ball from the coffee table and go "bowling"!
3. Make a tiara out of a 2-liter bottle! Cut the top and bottom of the bottle off. Then cut a shape into it. Decorate with anything and everything you've got! I used ribbon, beads and stickers.


4. Cut a piece of yarn, tie the ends together, and you've got Cat's Cradle for days!

5. Lunch bag puppet! Get out those Crayolas and get busy drawing a character. If you have yarn or any other fun things, use those to decorate the bag, too.

I made all of these things in about two and a half hours this morning, but you can embellish all of these to stretch it out for a whole afternoon. 

Please keep knitting and sewing Sandy Scarves and Hurricane Hats for the victims of Sandy. I made six scarves yesterday. All donations (scarves and hats as well as clothes, toys, and any other donations) can be sent to:
Hurricane Sandy Relief Foundation
295 Central Ave
Wyckoff, NJ 07481

Stay safe, stay strong. Happy Halloween!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." --Gandhi
The Sandy Scarves I've made so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment